Frequently Asked Questions

Below and some of the most frequent questions we are asked and their answers.  If your query is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us and we’ll do our best to help.

Where are you?

We are located on 34/36 Clegg Street,  Oldham  OL1 1PS, just opposite Parliament Square.  If you need directions please do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 624 5614.  You may also find the Directions page on our Get in Touch page helpful.

What are your opening hours?

We are open Monday to Thursday from 09.00 till 17.30 and Friday 09.00 till 17.00.  We are also open on Saturday mornings from 09.00 till 12.00, which is ideal if you wish to call into the office to return paperwork or have your identification certified.

Do I need an appointment?

We ask that you always make a appointment as it is not always possible to see clients who call into the office without an appointment.

Do you have parking?

We don’t have a visitor car park, however, there is plenty of parking available at the top of Clegg Street at Spindles Town Centre Square Car park and there are also a couple of Disabled Badge holder parking bays just further up Clegg Street, opposite our office.

How do I pay? Do you accept credit/debit cards?

We accept payment by cheque, bank transfer and also by debit and credit card, either in person or over the telephone.

Disabilities and special requirements.

If you have any additional support needs as a results of a disability, medical condition, or specific learning difficulty, we will try to provide you with whatever assistance you require during your visit to our office.

We can also arrange for a ramp to be placed outside our office to allow wheelchair access, just let us know when you intend on calling in.

We are also happy to arrange for one of our staff to visit you at your home, if required.

What do I need to bring with me?

You will need to bring photographic evidence of your identity (such as a valid Passport or current Drivers Licence) and two pieces of correspondence confirming your home address (such as a bank statement or utility bill, both of which must not be more than 3 months old).  All documentation must be the original as copies will not be acceptable.

It would also be helpful if you can bring any papers relating to the matter in question.


  • In This Section

  • I cannot speak too highly of the efficiency of your operation. Your documentation was excellent throughout and the charges were extremely reasonable. Thank you for a job well done!
    Mr C C White - Hyde